A number of years ago, our parish shifted the Parish Picnic into Slavic Fest, a weekend of fun, old world food, dancing, family and fellowship. For months in advance, the parish prepares homemade noodles, pirogi, and Wedding Beef and the foods of our ancestors using the family recipes that have been handed down to us from our Slovak Pioneers and founders.
The festival dates for 2017 will be October 7 and 8, the second weekend (though not the second FULL weekend) in October.
Come and celebrate with us!
Monday @ 6 p.m. Pierogi September 25th
Thursday September 28 @ 8 a.m. Baking Bread
Monday Oct.2 @ 6 p.m. Hall clean-up
Tuesday Oct.3 OFF
Wednesday Oct.4 @ 6 p.m. boiling cabbage leaves
Thursday Oct.5 @ 6 p.m. Halupki
Friday Oct.6 @ 12 noon Fry cabbage and onions
Friday Oct.6 @ 6 p.m. Halushki
Saturday Oct.7 @ 8 a.m. Finalize prep
(5:30 p.m. Vespers-reader service)
Sunday Oct.8 @ 10 a.m. Finalize prep
(8:30 a.m. Liturgy)
Schedule is subject to change
Saturday, 7 October 2017
- ¨ 11:00am – Music starts for dancing & enjoyment
- ¨ 12:00pm – Tour of St. Tikhon’s Chapel
- ¨ 1:00pm – Music starts for dancing & enjoyment
- ¨ 2:00pm – Tour of St. Tikhon’s Chapel
- ¨ 3:00pm – Presentation in the Church – “Orthodoxy”
- ¨ 4:00pm – Entertainment by the Tamburitzans
- ¨ 5:00pm – Final purchases & Great Vespers
Sunday, 8 October 2017
- ¨ 8:00 am – Divine Liturgy
- ¨ 12:00pm – Music starts for dancing & enjoyment
- ¨ 1:00pm – Church open for touring and questions
- ¨ 1:30 pm – Tour of St. Tikhon’s Chapel
- ¨ 4:00pm – Final purchases
The Main church will be open for viewing all day on Saturday and Sunday.